Principal Technical Program Manager
Want to change the way people watch Live Sports? Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Looking forward to work with a team of highly competent software engineers ranging from new graduates to seasoned architects building software using the latest AWS technologies? Are you looking for an inclusive team, where you feel safe to be yourself, to share your ideas openly, to experiment, fail and learn, and where you help make decisions that shape the team’s path forward? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who we are?
We are the Prime Video Live Events team, revolutionize the way our customers search, discover and enjoy live events from sports, to music, to breaking news and political debates. In September 2018 we launched our first full-scale live streaming experience to all of our world-wide Prime customers with NFL’s Thursday Night Football. In just a year, we delivered multi-game watching experience to our Prime Video customers in UK for English Premier League . That was just the start. We are growing and looking for Sr. Technical Program Manager, for our team in Seattle, WA, to build innovative solutions for customer to discover engaging and personalized live content to enjoy. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be at the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video, and the live streaming experience for customers everywhere. In this role you will work across our distributed engineering team in building a wide variety of services from flexible Live Event publishing platform that integrates with the broader Prime Video ecosystem to low-latency, high-TPS services that impact the discovery experience on wide variety of devices. If you’re a technical program manager, there’s a home for you in Seattle working on Prime Video Live Events. Our leaders are great teachers, our engineers are world-class, and our products are fun.
What will you do?
You will own and drive features working with SDMs in our Seattle,WA Austin, TX and Arlington, VA teams, you'll collaborate with Prime Video teams including Catalog teams, XRay teams and Linear Channel teams, Store Front Automation teams world wide. You will anticipate bottlenecks, own and manage multiple projects that span a variety of functional areas.
Involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and regular updates to Critical Program Reviews updates are essential.
If you’re excited about helping to build the future of live event streaming or just want to have fun creating something you can be proud to show your family and friends, reach out. We’d love to chat.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Be a guardian of world-class customer experience for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity
- Be the interface between the product owners and the development team, thoroughly understanding the product, helping define user stories, and driving the evaluation of appropriate technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Own engagement with the partners, work to decompose requirements into technical execution plans with multiple development teams, track progress towards goals, and report status to product, business development, and technical leadership.
- Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience and business relevance
- Engage with many other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
- Represent the technical team to senior leadership across the company
- Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- Graduate degree in a related technical field
- Experience with critical, 24x7 systems of significant scale
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of distributed system architecture & design
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.