At Amazon, we believe that games and connected experiences are the future of entertainment. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for Level Designers to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is an open world MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As a Level Designer you’ll be responsible for creating, implementing, and curating Points of Interest (POIs) and encounters. You will work collaboratively with world builders, character designers, and quest designers to make memorable experiences. It will be a combination of your experience, and an understanding of MMO/RPG world and encounter design that will define success. We are looking for individuals that are highly motivated and passionate for games.
In this role you will…
- Create fun and exciting encounters and spaces for players to adventure within
- Create and maintain design documentation
- Update and manage data for characters, rewards, and lore
- Create 2D maps for world and encounter designs and implement them in game
- Own full areas from design through final implementation
- Work within pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
- Collaborate with quest, character, and art teams
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art teams
- 1+ years of Game Design or equivalent school/work experience
- 1+ years work experience with 3D world and level building tools (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity, etc…)
- Passion for video games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and dealing with ambiguity
- Game design experience in MMO and RPG games
- Demonstrated ability to interact as part of a team
- Strong sense for creating encounters that showcase game content and mechanics
- 1+ PC MMO or RPG title(s) shipped
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.