Amazon Game Studios is seeking an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Lead Engineer to join our team either in Seattle or San Francisco. You will be a technical leader on a team of veteran engineers and play a critical role in developing game systems end-to-end from the game’s service stack to the game client on an exciting new mobile game and future mobile games.
The ideal Lead Engineer, Games candidate has a proven track record of architecting and delivering robust and scalable engineering solutions from back end service stacks to client-side implementation and mentoring engineering teams for long-term success. You have deep technical knowledge of game technologies and practical experience building and maintaining them as a live service. You possess strong critical thinking and communication skills. You are driven to make the best games in the industry on a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and engineers. Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Microsoft Orleans is a bonus.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Architect and implement new, robust, scalable game features in a cross platform mobile game stack
- Champion good engineering practices and mentor an engineering team for success on this and future titles
- Monitor, measure, and improve system stability and developer iteration time on a live service
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to create engaging games that will delight our players
- 1+ launched software products in a technical leadership role
- 8+ years in one or more hands-on software development roles in C++
- 4+ years of work in client systems and back end service stacks
- Familiarity with C# or similar languages
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Have shipped multiple shipped titles in a technical leadership role
- Have launched and operated a commercially successful mobile game
- Have shipped one or more titles on Unreal 4 and/or in the mobile games space
- Are an expert in C# with experience with .net core and distributed .net (Microsoft Orleans)
- Are a passionate mobile gamer with in-depth domain knowledge
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.