Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, as well as other unannounced projects.
Amazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated IT Support Engineer to join our Live Operations team.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive technical support to Amazon Games employees
- Provide end user, Windows/Mac/Linux OS deployment and support
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant IT policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Perform hardware procurement and asset management
- Troubleshoot/support LAN and on-site servers via tickets, alerts and change management
- Create and maintain documentation
- Handle to completion requests and technical project work
- Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Follow, update and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the internal IT teams' knowledge management across four locations
- Daily work location is Irvine, California
- Occasional travel to other cities may be required
A day in the life
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future.
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field, or 2+ year’s IT systems or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in technical help-desk or desk-side support environment
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- 2+ years experience with networking hardware and concepts such as DNS, DHCP, OSI Model and TCP/IP
- Desktop and laptop experience/troubleshooting
- Lift or carry equipment up to 25 lbs, as needed
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MTA
- A+, Network+, ITF+
- Some Linux systems administration skills
- Networking experience (CCNA, DNS, DHCP, routing, switching)
- AV/VC experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.