Games Market Researcher
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business, marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of market research experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative projects.
- 5+ years of experience in games, entertainment, or publishing industry.
Come play with us! Amazon Games is looking for Market Researcher to work on New World, Lost Ark, and unannounced upcoming games. In this role, you will join us on the Games Research team and collaborate closely with Marketing and Publishing stakeholders to deliver actionable and timely market research insights that make a direct impact on the success of our games and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
As a Market Researcher on our team, you will design and manage multi-country research projects and take ownership for the long-term research roadmap supporting Marketing and Publishing stakeholders. You will utilize your experience with best practice market research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, and customize research approaches using your understanding of player behaviors and the overall gaming and entertainment landscape. Your research and insights will inform strategic business decisions and inspire action among our game teams. You will collaborate with peers who enjoy an inclusive communication style and are player centric, resourceful, and team oriented.
- Identify research needs and develop long-term plans for assigned game projects.
- Own market research projects from end-to-end, including methodology design, study execution, analysis, reporting and presenting findings.
- Conduct quantitative surveys including brand awareness tracking, customer segmentation, attitude and usage studies, concept testing, and marketing-copy testing.
- Conduct qualitative studies including focus groups, in-depth interviews, and diary studies.
- Present findings to key stakeholders on Marketing, Community, and Publishing teams.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- MBA or MA in Psychology, Economics, Marketing or related degree
- 2+ years presenting research findings to leadership teams.
- Research experience in multiple countries.
- Games research experience for multiple hardware platforms and game-genres.
- Experience directing outside research agencies and contractors.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.