At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. We seek the best game developers in the world to join us as architects of this vision. The ideal candidate has a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player’s ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores.
As a Gameplay Engineer you’ll be responsible for implementing and supporting features related to quests, dungeons, world-building, settlements, dynamic encounters, and more. You will work with a team of designers and artists to bring New World’s lore and landscapes to life. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for gaming – someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for game quality.
In this role you will:
- Work along side content creators and other engineers to develop and deploy fun, innovative gameplay.
- Empower game designers and artists through rapid gameplay iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
- Assist in developing project plans and deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Utilize flexible, scalable patterns to ensure a high-quality multiplayer experience.
- Be a champion for the gamer: strive to thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of 3D game development experience
- 1+ years of professional C++ experience
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
- Working experience with server-authoritative applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.