At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, and AWS to shape the future of games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations.
Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a Gameplay Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team. As the Gameplay Animator, you will collaborate with Animation Team, Art Team, and Design Team, help maintain or develop workflows, and create amazing animation to delight our customers. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with Animation Team, Art team and Design Team to create in game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exiting to watch.
- You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
- Offer and receive criticism and critique equally well to help constantly raise our team’s quality bar.
- Work with our technical artist to define and improve our animation pipeline.
- Help Producers set realistic expectations for animation creation.
- Link to a demo reel with description of your work per shot
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator or equivalent work in a related field
- 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development)
- Excellent time management and work discipline.
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Skill in another art-related fields – Illustration, painting, technical art
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
- Passion for making and playing great games.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.