Game Artist Intern
Note: This role may sit in Irvine, Seattle, San Diego, etc.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
You will be an intern on an art specialty team (Animation, Concept, Environment, etc), reporting to a Team Lead. You will own the delivery of assets that are in service of a feature(s) that your team is supporting. The nature of the asset you create could vary, depending upon the needs and style of the game at the time you join us. Using industry software and proprietary tools, you will create assets in accordance with the creative, design, and technical specs of the project. You will get the opportunity to share your ideas and collaborate with peers and leads – collecting and implementing feedback along the way.
Examples of assets
- Concept art – Design exploration, storyboards, variants of existing designs
- Props – Crates, barrels
- Characters – Player Character Variants, Villager NPCs, Common Enemies
- Items - Common Weapons, Hats, Low Tier Armor
- World Builder- small places of interest, set dressing and bug fixing
- Can generate simple assets under frequent supervision.
- Assets may require regular rework.
- Understands simple and standard asset creation, minimal technical knowledge and no work flow experience.
- Works regularly with supervisor in completing art assets by scheduled deadlines.
- Ensures that assets are in accordance with the approved game style, technically sound and completed within the scheduled timeframe under daily guidance of supervisor.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s of Art degree program
- Portfolio or reel demonstrating abilities in specific area of expertise (environment modeling, character modeling, texture mapping, animation, FX, concept art, tech, generalist)
- Demonstrate traditional art skills and creativity And either
- Working knowledge of 2D graphics editor basics (such as Photoshop, GIMP, etc.) Or
- Working knowledge of 3D graphics package basics (such as Maya, Blender, ZBrush, etc.)
- Enrolled in a Masters of Fine Arts degree
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .