(Closed) Front End Engineer, Amazon Game Tech
Amazon is all in on games. We believe, the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join Amazon Game Tech.
We are an Amazon Web Services team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
Who you are:
A talented front-end developer, highly motivated, quality-centric with deep end-to-end web application knowledge to design, develop and research technologies that sets the foundation for a new family of products from the ground up. You are constantly challenging yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You have a passion for learning new technologies and can pick up new technologies quickly.
If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Front-end web technologies and trends
- 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, client side security, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- 3+ years of experience in multi-tier large scale web architecture
- Experience using Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, or other front-end build tools
- Experience with Git or other source control tools
- Front-end performance basics
- Experience with a CSS framework such as Bootstrap 4 or Foundation 6
- Experience building Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Working knowledge of design patterns (OOP or functional)
- Experience building large scale Web applications in a multi-team environment
- Troubleshooting and analytic skills
- Understanding of serverless architecture
- Working knowledge of AWS services (AWS certification a plus)
- Experience in coaching and teaching others in front-end best practices
- UX design experience
- Experience turning UX mockups or guidelines into production code