(Closed) Environment Artist - New World
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition.
Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a talented Environment Artist to work closely with the Environment Art Lead and concept artist team to create stunning game environments. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense of visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
Work Hard, Play Hard, Make History
- Create game art assets of exceptional quality
- Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Design Team to make harmonious gameplay.
- Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline.
- Optimize Assets for performance and memory.
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry
- 1+ shipped AAA title.
- Online Portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Highly Proficient in major 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox)
- Highly Proficient using Adobe Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
- Familiarity with modular level construction
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Advanced skills in hard-surface and organic modeling
- Self-motivated problem solver, ability to work well independently.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Quixel or Substance Designer skills a plus.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
- Experience working with outsourcing a plus.
- Architectural knowledge.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age