Environment Artist - Terrain
Amazon Games is looking for a skilled Environment Artist to join our New World team. Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a talented Environment Artist to work closely with the Environment Art Lead and concept artist team to create stunning game environments. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense of visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, and AWS to shape the future of games.
- Create living, breathing, terrain environments that are exceptional artistically and as game play spaces
- Work with the terrain/tech art team, world builders and designers to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
- Excel at technical and aesthetic quality throughout the production pipeline.
- Drive production of foliage and biomes, creating reference boards, creating assets and working with outsourcing
- Optimize for performance and memory.
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field
- 3+ years of experience with game terrain creation
- Online Portfolio demonstrating game terrains, foliage creation, general world building, lighting skills, modeling, and material creation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
- Demonstrate foundational skills in composition, design, and color theory.
- Expertise in production of foliage and biomes, creating reference boards, creating organic assets and working with outsourcing
- Expertise in major 2D and 3D software packages (Houdini, Max/Maya, Photoshop, Substance)
- Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principle requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit our disability page.