(Closed) Community Manager, Amazon Games Studios (m/f), Germany
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, our multiplayer shooter Crucible, and our newly announced The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
We believe games are about community. Today, the communities that started in arcades, a quarter at a time, have evolved into Twitch streams with millions of viewers, and friendships first formed in-game that extend across continents. In this role, you’ll dive deep into the gaming community and help create new experiences and opportunities for connection.
Amazon Game Studios (AGS) Europe is seeking an experienced Community Manager, Germany to lead the community development efforts for all our games in the country. The position will be based in Munich, and reports to our AGS Europe office in London. As part of the European AGS community team, you will participate in building and executing our European community and esports strategic plans to support the launch of AGS games in Germany. You’ll level up the definition of delivering great engagement, effective programs, compelling content and exceptional player experiences to our gamers, customized to local needs.
As Community Manager you will need to be a creative and analytical thinker with deep experience and proven achievements. We expect you to build authentic and meaningful relationships between our games and player communities. You’ll develop and oversee our engagement plans for your region, both online and at events, our editorial direction on the web and in social media, and our local competitive play experience development. You’ll foster a strong relationship with a network of community members that are helping gaming grow, such as streamers and influencers, tournament organizers, modders and/or cosplayers, and will be determined to support them achieve their goals. You will create and execute comprehensive plans, lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
The Community Manager will be responsible for building and growing an engaged community in Germany, and for acting as the internal voice of the community to our development teams as we constantly strive to delight our customers around the world. We expect our Community Managers to think big and act fast on how to deliver exceptional player experiences, uniquely tailored to local needs. At the same time, you will be able to sync your local community plans to AGS’s larger strategic goals, and maximize impressions, positive sentiment and overall player and media advocacy for our games.
All Community Managers report into the Head of Marketing, Europe.
Within the first year, we expect this leader to:
- Gain a deep understanding of our players and our games
- At first, bias for action and, with the help of external agencies, own the daily conversation with the German community, the relationship with top German influencers, the publishing of local content on social media, and the last mile of localization for English content
- Later on, coach and support your team by empowering team members and removing roadblocks for their success
- Build and oversee the execution of an ambitious community strategy in the assigned country for each of our game releases
- Lead our efforts to build a healthy, 2-way conversation between AGS and the German player community for each game, at events, in the forums, on social media and Twitch
- Deliver data-informed reporting to game teams, to make the German community voice heard
- Help the local community understand the game teams perspective
- Oversee the localization process of our editorial pipeline for web and social media, reviewing final copy and eventually creating and curating German content
- Oversee the development and execution of our German esports plans
- Coordinate effectively with the Seattle and Irvine studios, and the rest of community, marketing, game, finance and legal teams
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
- Work at European events together with the rest of the EU team to deliver exceptional player experiences
- BA degree required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- several years of experience in games community management
- people management experience
- Experience in esports
- Passion for games and the gamer community
- Ability to travel internationally
- Native in German, written and spoken
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Deep national and/or international esports social network
- Experience in managing networks of influential streamers or tournament organizers
- Live event and esports event management experience
- Game design experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
(HITMARKER NOTE: You'd be doing us a real solid if you let Amazon know where you found this job post when you apply!)