At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
We are looking for a Cinematic Animation Lead to join our team of artists, designers, programmers and other creatives to create compelling in-game cinematics which will tell the story of our game and world. As a Cinematic Animation Lead you will collaborate with our Narrative Team, Art Team, Design Team and Engineers to bring innovative cinematics to life at AAA quality. You’ll use a combination of Storytelling and Cinematography to capture game play and dialogue while helping create and direct the delivery of all narrative moments in the game. We are looking for an artisan who can communicate effectively, problem solve, and raise the project’s technical and visual standards. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with the Art Director, Narrative Team, Design Teams, Art Teams especially animation to invent, create and implement Cinematics that are incredibly satisfying to experience.
- Express storytelling through in-game cinematics and interactive moments with camera, staging and character animation
- Set the Cinematic quality bar with your personal work.
- Work with our engineers and our technical artist to define and improve our Cinematic pipeline.
- Help direct animations created by internal artists and external co-developers to get the best performance for cinematics.
A day in the life
Collaborating closely across a wide range of teams and disciplines getting hands on with the tools to build narrative, interactive and cinematic moments to bring our game world and characters to life.
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field.
- 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Online Portfolio demonstrating Cinematic skills and/or technical implementation skills in a game engine.
- In game cinematic experience.
- 2+ AAA game cinematics shipped.
- Exceptional cinematography skills.
- Exceptional story telling skills.
- Experience directing motion capture shoots.
- Has experience driving and coordinate cinematic and interactive moments in games.
- Great understanding of narrative in stories for cinematics especially in gameplay storytelling.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.