At Amazon Games, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth and we’re seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support games being developed in our Seattle studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
In this role you will work directly on a game team to develop a scalable, secure, and robust back-end service for new and upcoming mobile games. You have a proven track record of contributing to high quality scalable distributed systems or games and deep technical knowledge of .net core and distributed .net. You are familiar with modern game engines such as Unreal 4 or Unity and possess strong communication skills. You thrive in a fast paced environment and want to build great games that will be loved for years to come.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain a highly distributed, scalable back-end service system for mobile games
- Monitor, measure, and improve system stability and developer iteration time
- Advocate for both players and developers insisting on the highest standards and driving operational excellence
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to create engaging games that will delight our players
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years’ experience delivering code in languages such as C# and C++
- 3+ years in a professional software development role working with distributed systems or other back-end web services
- 5+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles in back-end services roles
- Experience developing highly scalable distributed systems in .net core and distributed .net (Microsoft Orleans)
- Experience with restful API development, AWS, and database design
- Mobile game development experience with shipped titles built with Unreal 4
- Live operations experience especially on game titles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.