(Closed) VR Art Director
Overview: AmazeVR is an immersive technologies company creating Amaze Immersive Concerts, a full-service virtual concert solution. Through Amaze Immersive Concerts, fans come face-to-face with their favorite artists in a virtual experience through integrating the artist’s performance in 8K+ stereoscopic live-action videos into surreal environments that transcend reality. Our vertically integrated distribution model maximizes for quality and reach — offline, through global movie theaters with haptic motion chairs and the Amaze Immersive Tour Bus as a traveling pop-up; and online, through the Amaze app across most major VR headsets.
Founded by the co-founder and early executives of Kakao, a $32B market cap mobile platform company, AmazeVR has offices in Los Angeles (HQ) and Seoul. And we secured $9.5MM for our Series A fundraising in 2019 from seasoned investors in the tech and media space. In 2020, after we built our Unreal Engine-based technical foundation collaborating with artist duo Ceraadi and Roc Nation, we secured an additional $9.5MM to build the future of music.
We’re thrilled to be building Amaze Immersive Concerts with an incredibly talented and passionate team, and we can’t wait to launch our large-scale project across the US and abroad. We’re searching for an experienced Art Director with a strong eye for visual design and extensive Game and/or VFX experience in the entertainment industry. We are looking for a rockstar teammate who is able to bring creativity to the project and create, collaborate, and communicate with the team to create a new immersive VR experience and the future of music with us.
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial - excited about working at a high-performing startup with a small team
- 7+ years of professional experience in video games. VFX-heavy VR or film experience is acceptable.
- Past work experience as Art Lead, Concept Artist, or Matte Painter
- Team player who can effectively communicate between the Creative Director and Art team.
- Has a broad understanding of visuals, including various kinds of mediums and techniques
- Has a strong network of creative professionals (e.g., concept artists, storyboard artists, etc.) that can be easily accessed for new projects
- Interest in VR and related new technologies.
- Interest in visual music experiences. Music industry experience is a plus.
- Develop the visual structure and rules of the VR project with the team to best support the artistic goals.
- Define specific visual inputs like style, materials, layouts, props, lightings, and effects for the project.
- Partner and collaborate with the Creative Director or external partners to set the art direction, develop the style, and tone together.
- Bring on andlead other concept artists and create deliverables such as concept art and storyboards.
- Provide clear visual concepts and meaningful feedback to VFX artists to meet high-quality results.
- Contribute to growing the team which includes recruiting, networking, and community outreach.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Competitive compensation package with equity in a growing company
- Lunch, snacks, and beverages provided (once we’re back in the office!)
- Start date: Immediate
- Hours: 9 am - 6 pm, M-F
- Location: West Hollywood, CA