Test Senior Principal Engineer – Gaming
When your products transform the way we live and work, nothing can be left to chance. Our Test Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation, and validation of all our devices. We’re a team of expert engineers responsible for the development of test cases and test methodologies to ensure the functionality and compatibility of our products. We’re involved in the whole testing process from preparing test and releasing the product.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a “Test Senior Principal Engineer – Gaming” on our Client Validation Engineering team in Bangalore, India.
What you’ll achieve
As a Test Senior Principal Engineer– Gaming, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining Alienware gaming software test plans/cases along with automation scripts development & maintenance. This includes but not limited to Alienware gaming software test automation strategy, approach, tools enablement, and test scripting for the functional, system, and user level of testing across Dell Client Software products. This role is based in Bangalore but will service and lead efforts across the globe.
- Develop, review and implement test strategies for gaming software products and systems
- Build and review design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Develop the Automation framework, design and architecture of new or re-engineered software/storage environments
- Defines, develops, and implements Alienware gaming software test cases and automated scripts aligned with Dell Client Validation team’s validation strategy
- Responsible for gaming software testing engagements with product teams and supports validation engineers on testing methodologies and techniques to share and gain best practices
- Collaborates with automation and gaming software SME’s, developers and test/quality engineers to provide solutions to validate products against a comprehensive set of gaming software requirements with scripts, tools and testing strategies
- Works with SW Engineering teams to clearly articulate gaming test controls and design needs
- Responsible for a broad range of automation tasks from individual device or unit test to system level and solution level testing. Excellent understanding of hardware and software interactions
- Proactively identifies new testing tools that help advance Alienware gaming software testing
- Prepare software test plans/cases for gaming products from architectural diagrams and requirement Epics/Features/Stories
- Developing software validation test execution activities using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Understand current software usability issues and end users pain points with using/connecting to Client Peripheral devices
- Should have exposure to collect various test metrics and use the data optimization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a computer related field (CSE/ECE)
- Passionate PC gamer and follower of current global PC gaming markets
- Strong experience working with PC Gaming hardware (Graphics cards, CPU, Mice, Keyboards, Headsets) along with an excellent understanding of PC esports and streaming
- Good experience performance tuning of CPU, Graphics, and memory.
- Experience in notebook gaming is a plus.
- Software Test Engineer with 11 to 14 years of experience (includes minimum 5 to 7 years of working experience as a gaming software testing professional)
- Proficient at automation programming languages and knowledge on Python, C#, WebServices/API’s, Appium, Robot Framework, Selenium, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, Databases
- Hands-on expertise into Atlassian tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence & CICD etc
- Familiarity with PC Architecture and gaming peripherals
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile scrum environment
- Familiar with test/defect life cycles and test metric reporting
- Developing new test methods and tools for testing of new hardware and solutions products
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Ability to work with rapidly change priorities
- Strong understanding of the client systems (Laptops/Desktop) peripherals
- Knowledge of how to validate code and applications across various client platforms/models
- Experience performing application black-box and white-box penetration testing preferred
- RESTful web service API JSON Response Schema Validation
- Experience in source code management systems (GIT, TFS, etc)
- Excellent presentation, communication & documentation skills
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.