(Closed) Social Media Manager - Esports / Gaming
Akshon Esports is a Vancouver based multimedia company operating within the rapidly growing esports industry.
The Social Media Specialist will work closely with passionate esports enthusiasts on the marketing and creative teams to deliver interactive postings on social channels (Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
Akshon is a growing startup with an interactive environment so the candidate is encouraged to be bold in their ideas, work hard to deliver impactful results and contribute to the long-term evolution of the team. You will work closely with the leadership team and take on an active role in developing the brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate daily content (original text, images, video, etc.) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Strategize campaigns and methods to cultivate new lasting followers
- Develop relevant content topics to reach and engage with fans
- Create, curate, schedule and manage social media content
- Monitor, listen and engage with community members and the ongoings within the esports / general gaming space
- Develop and execute strategies and programs that begin communities, maximize platform retention and increase the reach of Akshon Esports
- Set analytical controls and measure KPIs across the various social media platforms
- Work with team to develop and track KPIs campaign initiatives.
- Familiarity with social media analytics and the ability to use data to contribute to the growth of the associated platforms
- Passion for esports and gaming
- Familiarity with best practices/procedures & identification of new social trends on social media platforms.
- Experience managing company brand across social media platforms
- Knowledge on Adobe Creative Suite to make graphics for posts
- Outstanding writing and editing skills to create attention-grabbing content
- Ability to work under a rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Motivated and driven to develop new initiatives as well as accomplish tasks with minimal oversight
- Attention to detail
Akshon Esports is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce or a related field with relevant experience in Social Media Management or Marketing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)