We're currently working on an unannounced PC/console title featuring a new and original IP, and need a gameplay programmer to help bring it to life. If you've got the experience and enjoy working with a focused group of talented and passionate game devs, then Airship is the place for you.
- Gather requirements based on stakeholder input
- Provide reasonable time estimates, and communicate when adjustments are needed
- Collaborate iteratively with designers, artists and other team members to deliver polished gameplay
- Create internal tools as needed to improve and support workflow
- Deliver clean, efficient and well-documented code
- Fearlessly and relentlessly debug difficult problems
Experience on a commercial game title
- Experience working with Unreal 4
- Experience writing networked gameplay code
- Solid knowledge and experience using C++
- Motivated self-starter; complete tasks without intense supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Familiarity with Unreal’s Gameplay Ability System
- Experience working on a live-service game
- Python experience
- Multiplayer programming experience in Unreal 4
- Console development experience
- Full health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Profit sharing
- Generous PTO
- 401k plan
- Relocation packages
Plus (when there’s not a pandemic)...
- Office movie lunches
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- A world-beating, custom-made board gaming table
- MAME cabinet
How We Work
Autonomy through collaboration
We remove as many barriers as possible between you and productivity. We’ll ask you to be self-reliant and self-motivated, with the expectation that you talk frequently with your lead and teammates to keep everyone aligned.
Focused project management
We don’t manage just to manage. We’re building a system and process that is helpful, but not intrusive. If someone is asking you for a status update, it’s probably because they are working with you on the thing they are asking about, or are planning to use it.
Small team environment
Size is relative (especially in today’s dev world), but we’re all about direct interaction with teammates, experimenting with ideas and less bureaucracy.
Average will never be our target. We work hard to put the special sauce in each game we create, and this forms the core of our identity. It also pushes us to evolve. As we strive to be better together, we grow together.
We respect the time and extraordinary efforts of our employees by offering generous PTO, profit-sharing, WFH days (even pre-pandemic), and an understanding of personal circumstances. Making great games often takes a lot; we aim to give a lot in return, by committing to share our success with our team.
Making something “fun” is inherently subjective, and can’t come without disagreement. We value being open, honest, and approachable. Respect breeds communication, and good communication means good games. If you aren’t approachable, in good times and bad, Airship isn’t for you.
Help Us Build It
We are still trying to achieve our goals, and probably always will be. We’re looking for thoughtful, creative folks to help us move the goalpost.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we can’t reply to each individually. Only candidates in consideration for positions will be contacted. Thank you!
To apply, send us an e-mail via the button below!