Senior Unity Engineer
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full-time, in-house Senior Unity developer to help us build high performance Unity based applications using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture for our educational games.
- Develop features and functionality within the Age of Learning Unity platform for deployment to Android and iOS targets
- Identify, design, and develop new features and components requested by the business team
- Review and provide specs for supporting documentation of the Age of Learning Unity platform
- Participate in team cross-training and mentoring of junior developers
- Integrate Unity Code written by team members into project codebases to create a fully realized set of features and functionality
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members to ensure layouts, animations, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into application features while preserving artistic integrity and performance
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to write documented, unit-testable C# code that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high-quality work
- Capable of translating business requirements, wireframes, and more into application architecture as an analytical thinker
- A high level of motivation as a self-starter
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working in Unity 2018.x
- Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- .NET, C# programming experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
- Highly competitive PTO policy
- Casual Dress Code
- Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
- Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
- Frequent team and company outings
- Limitless opportunities for professional growth!