Director of Sales
As the Aftershock Media Group (AMG) Director of Sales, you will lead the Sales Team in their acquisition and execution of campaigns for our represented talent, as well as the sale of other AMG products and services. The Director of Sales is primarily tasked with training team members, setting quotas, evaluating and adjusting performance, developing processes that drive sales, and are ultimately responsible for AMG's proactive outreach to prospective and existing clients. You will be responsible for ensuring consistent communication takes place with the AMG teams regarding current campaigns and sponsorships, as well as making sure any needs or concerns that arise are handled promptly. The Director of Sales may be expected to travel for the purpose of representing AMG and its interests at industry events.
The job responsibilities of the position are to be performed with regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment pursuant to AMG management policies and business operation guidelines. Your main focus areas will be Managing your Sales Team, the following list outlines, in general, your job duties.
Managing inbound and outbound sales:
- Have a detailed understanding of the clients AMG has relationships with, as well as the influencers that AMG represents.
- Promote AMG and the products and services we offer.
- Identify opportunities for growth, development and added value for AMG through its products and services.
- Manage organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers outreach initiatives, sales goals and revenue controls.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual increases to new business.
- Have a thorough understanding of the active outbound efforts of the sales team, become a part of those potential client conversations when appropriate.
- Oversee the communication and negotiation of inbound sales inquiries. This includes overseeing sales department communication with the talent department/ campaign managers, pricing checks, verifying pertinent information for briefs and/or contracts upon agreement of terms, facilitating the on-time completion of contracts.
- Utilize the AMG creative team to construct enticing client-facing sales materials and pitch decks.
- Maintain a general knowledge of AMG Talent’s current status on platforms as well as keep a pulse on new games, platforms or brands they are wanting to explore.
- Consistently observe inbound opportunities for upsell of additional AMG Talent; communicate those recommendations to your sales team.
- Report to your direct supervisor regularly to update them regarding gross sales totals. Including but not limited to: growth trends, anomalies and areas of concern.
- Actively seek opportunities for increasing AMG service offerings, making additions that bring value.
Managing your team:
- Assess and develop your team’s roles in alignment with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide clear expectations for communication and completion of daily tasks and overall job duties.
- Ensure your team has defined, recurring sales goals to be achieved, on a quarterly basis at minimum.
- Be proactive with team member growth and training by setting goals on an individual basis, as well as setting overall team goals. Provide guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Work cohesively with account and campaign managers to ensure proper launch and closing of campaigns.
- Coordinate with executive management on major policy or staffing changes/ decisions.
- Provide the executive team with recommendations on efficiently managing the sales department.
- Work cohesively with all AMG Departments, utilizing current staff appropriately.
- Develop and ensure consistent processes are in place to keep all personal and team tasks organized.
- Communicate in a timely and efficient manner with all AMG team members.
Additional duties may arise, as assigned by the AMG Executive Team.