AFK Gaming is looking for an SEO specialist to plan, implement and maintain our website’s SEO strategy. The role requires a deep understanding of various aspects of content, on-page, off-page and technical SEO, along with demonstrable ability to grow a digital publishing website. The ideal candidate has an understanding of gaming and esports content. You will be expected to define, measure and report on relevant growth metrics, while working with content, tech and marketing teams. These teams will rely on you to not only identify opportunities for improvement, but also solutions and methods for their implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creating a holistic SEO strategy (keywords, backlinks, content planning, writing guidelines, technical changes etc.) in collaboration with the founders and management
- Implementing and maintaining the SEO strategy
- Conducting on-going keyword research to identify content creation and optimization opportunities
- Providing recommendations and making edits in collaboration with content writers to achieve SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Staying up to date with the latest developments and changes in the world of SEO and helping internal teams to adapt as required
- Identifying and working with the tech team to troubleshoot any technical SEO issues
- Performing regular, comprehensive SEO audits of our website including technical, on-page, off-page and Google News audits
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports to develop, recommend and execute SEO strategies
- Strong understanding of publisher SEO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of link building, keyword research and analysis – specifically for digital news / publisher websites.
- Proven ability to create content that generates a high volume of organic search traffic
- Up-to-date with the latest industry trends, tools, algorithms and SEO best practices
- Familiar with the usage of tools like Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush, Search Console Facebook Insights and more