Senior Unity Technical Artist
Remote-based (Preferably Asia Timezone)
We are currently looking for a Technical Artist for Unity to join our team preferably in Shanghai but also accepting remote. As the Technical Artist, you will be responsible for the implementation of the client-side game using the Unity engine to help deliver a production-ready 2D pixel art pet collection RPG game. You will work alongside our other Unity developers and communicate with the game director and external art teams.
- Work collaboratively with UI designer and rest of the Unity development team to deliver a final production-ready game on both mobile and PC.
- Help fine-tune the overall art direction of the game and help specify styling of graphic assets to the external art teams.
- Implement and polish the game’s UI, particle effects, and pixel art animations in Unity.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Technical Art or a similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional game development experience.
- Strong background in working with Unity UI systems, pixel art, and 2D sprites.
- Familiar with game programming patterns and best practices.
- Master in C#, Monobehavior, Unity UI, Unity FX Animation Systems
- Familiarity with RPG game systems and turn-based combat is a plus.
- Proficiency with Git, Jira, and Agile Development.
- Comfortable learning new software and libraries to implement innovative gameplay.
- Solid software engineering skills; ability to write maintainable, extensible, and robust code.
- Able to self-direct and lead others on the team.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines.
- Strong time management & organization skills.