AdHoc Studio is a diverse team of developers driven by a pursuit of excellence in storytelling. Our DNA is made up of former employees of Telltale Games, Night School Studio and Ubisoft having written and directed such games as Tales From the Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, and Minecraft: Story Mode. We draw inspiration from all forms of media and pride ourselves on our distinctive approach to interactive narrative in games. Our goal is to create resonant experiences that put the player in charge of the story, giving them agency where most games take it away. At the end of 2019, we announced that we’re co-developing the sequel to The Wolf Among Us with Telltale Games.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Programmer to guide and implement creative solutions to bring our games to life. The Senior Programmer will be one of the core technical vision holders of our studio as it grows, working hand in hand with the creative team in a close-knit, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should be able to work with a mixture of the Unreal Engine and proprietary tools to help bring studio projects to fruition.
- Core team ownership of the technical development process.
- Partner with team leads to execute on the design and gameplay vision.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to find creative methods of implementing game features.
- Write clear, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
- Excellent knowledge of modern C++
- Proficient in linear algebra, matrix and vector math used in games.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Generalist knowledge in many aspects of video game development with solid code architecture skills.
- Positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to participate in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a remote environment.
- Contributed significant code to at least 3 shipped titles.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Shipped titles in the Unreal Engine.
- Experience with in-game animation, cinematics and motion capture pipelines.
- Experience working in interactive narrative.
- Experience with interactive script tools.
- A passion for better representation in games and game development.
- Able to align with team and project goals, but isn’t hesitant to prove out solutions of their own.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- No Commute; Work From Home
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Family Leave
- Disability Leave
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.