(Closed) Vice President, Finance Systems & Transformation
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website.
As a Vice President, Finance Systems & Transformation you will be the primary owner responsible for the Company’s financial technology roadmap. You will lead the transformation of our finance function with innovative solutions to drive efficiency and productivity including the implementation of a next generation Corporate Performance Management (CPM) system. As a strategic partner, you will be expected to blend finance subject matter expertise, business acumen, and IT infrastructure knowledge to identify transformational opportunities for the finance function and lead the implementation of best in class solutions for corporate performance, planning, analysis and reporting.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead the process for defining business requirements and overall design for the CPM implementation, post launch enhancements and long-term roadmap. Provide subject matter expertise through the design of best in class finance processes
- Collaborate with our Enterprise IT partners in the implementation of our CPM and for developing a roadmap for future enhancements and changes, with a goal to streamline, automate, and transform key financial processes, reporting and analytics
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement approach to ensure processes and controls scale with changes in business, products, technology, and accounting policy
- Develop a process to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and other business partners in a way that fosters an open environment of continuous dialogue and information exchange, and yet challenges the status quo to continuously improve approach
- Maintain awareness of significant changes impacting the business, both internally and externally, and ensure appropriate proactive actions to modify/expand tools and process
- Introduce automation by working together with Enterprise IT to drive efficiency and improve controls
- Work closely with Enterprise IT to complete analysis, define data requirements, define key metrics, design dashboards, and improve operational excellence
- Create and maintain a risk assessment of our system landscape including SOX control interaction, system roadmap changes that would impact our processes, and creating mitigation plans where needed
- Lead an agile global systems & transformation team that effectively partners with business stakeholders and Enterprise IT partners
Your success will:
- Implement a scalable CPM solution
- Streamline finance processes and leverage technology allowing finance teams increased bandwidth to provide incremental value-add analysis to the business
- Provide business leaders with a common toolset and self-service reporting capabilities
- Development of an enterprise data governance framework improving data quality and architecture
- Elimination of data source redundancy and streamline costs to serve
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement and realize efficiencies through leveraging technology functionality
- 15+ years experience in finance and accounting organizations and 10+ year in a leadership role
- Experience leading financial systems implementations in a complex environment
- Deep knowledge in information systems, data analytics or CPM/ERP implementation for a global company
- Strategic advisor with the ability to inspire and influence at all levels
- Builds strong relationships internally with business partners and team members and also with external vendors; ability to build credibility and brand across broader teams
- Strong presentation and communications skills with the ability to succinctly convey messages to varying audiences
- Experience executing in a dynamic, high speed and demanding environment by demonstrating organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, prioritization, and project management skills
- Adept at the identification, recruitment and growth of extraordinary talent
- Does not tolerate the status quo and is always suggesting ways to improve current state
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.