About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website.
As VP, Production you will own the end-to-end execution and delivery of mobile hits involving multiple studio locations. The VP, Production keeps game production workstreams aligned by determining how and when of development efforts, identifying and managing risks and dependencies and driving successful resolution to complex production challenges. Leading development across a collaboration of multiple Activision studio locations around the world, this leader is a skilled communicator and production leader who can define, measure and optimize complex workstreams across sites to deliver the highest quality software product.
We need a strategic thinker who can deal effectively with people at all levels to understand current capabilities and ensure resource allocations are in line with product development priorities.
Priorities can often change in an exciting and fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Executing the vision for AP mobile’s biggest hits by owning all aspects of development, delivery, milestones and how, when and where things get done
- Partnering with product and creative leaders to deliver their vision of what needs delivered and why
- Driving the creation, implementation and enforcement of effective risk mitigation systems
- Integrate and grow dev teams into highly effective working groups
- Prepare status update materials and communicate clear state of development, progress, challenges and next steps to the team and to executive stakeholders through the greenlight review process and other internal checkpoints.
- Manage dev budgets and control costs across the project. Advocate for and drive resource changes when needed.
- Provide production leadership across disciplines; mentor and develop production careers within mobile
- Build, foster, and grow partnerships across leaders within the organization to aid team in delivery of successful products and their services.
- Exemplify leadership and behaviors to build an inclusive and diverse culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment.
- Think Player-first; play the game and understand the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities with the player experience.
Year 1 Success
- Get to know relevant stakeholders and studio leaders within the first 60 days
- Deliver a comprehensive vertical slice software experience in 2021
- Deliver an aligned cross-studio full production plan before end of January 2022
- Begin full production in Q1 2022
- Establish smooth, predictable, distributed production operation on track for launch prep in Q4 2022
We are looking for a battle-tested leader with the following skills:
- A Leader of People. You will be the head of a skilled production team; be prepared to lead by example, mentor and develop future leaders.
- Expert-level capability in project scheduling, staffing, budget and resource management, including risk management and mitigation planning with emphasis on on-time, high-quality delivery
- The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- You are passionate about making video games.
- High business/financial acumen with business owner/operator mindset
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator, able to manage tradeoff discussions with technical and creative leaders to achieve the best business outcome and convey execution plans to production team, developers and other stakeholders
- 20+ years of experience in game product development
- 5+ years of experience in mobile
- 5+ years leadership experience managing large game projects across multiple studios
- Proven AAA dev leadership experience, including shipping AAA shooter and action games
- Leadership Experience building and supporting games-as-service titles
- Direct people management experience leading large game development teams >150
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!