Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
The Activision Central Technology (CT) team is seeking a Tools Programmer with a support focus on Continuous Integration and associated areas (such as backing infrastructure). This role involves working for the core CT but in direct support of the Activision game studios and their use of
CT's bespoke continuous integration and deployment system, which is pivotal to studios in the development of Call of Duty.
- Serve as CI/CD partner for Activision game studios
- Help identify and fix blocking issues with CI builds and the supporting infrastructure
- Develop good understanding of studio workflows, and help guiding studios towards solutions
- Identify opportunities for improvements both on studio side and in core system
- Be a first point of contact to answer questions from studios around CI/CD
- Maintain intimate knowledge of our bespoke CI/CD system and supporting data center and cloud infrastructure
- Work with CI/CD core team to help develop (studio-focused) feature and workflow improvements
- 5+ years industry experience, ideally across tools/build/devops systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Python, C, and C++ skills
- Robust generalist programming and systems architecture skills
- Strong and prompt communication skills; able to collaborate with colleagues both locally and around the world
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with: containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), databases and key-value stores (SQL, Redis), SCMs (Perforce, git), operating systems (Windows, Linux), build deployment systems (Jenkins, SN-DBS, etc)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.