(Closed) Sr Manager, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiatives
The Senior Manager, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiatives will play a pivotal role in Activision studios’ business planning, operational excellence, rhythm of business coordination, business reviews, and other key projects. A great candidate will have the ability to think strategically at a global level and effectively develop key processes, procedures, and communications that facilitate planning and execution of key priorities. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to build internal/external relationships. A successful candidate will partner with internal development studios as well as our central studios organization to develop studio strategies around operational and resourcing issues, build the analytical support and documentation to align key stakeholders across the organization on the recommended path forward, and drive the execution of those strategies across multiple stakeholder groups within the organization. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a rapidly changing gaming industry, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
Strategy and planning
- Helping studio leadership set and drive the strategic agendas of organization via interactions and processes to drive awareness and accountability around key business issues
- Leading cross-functional projects to develop strategic recommendations on key decisions the studios organization needs to make by project managing on a day-to-day basis and building the analytical underpinnings and documentation to support a recommendation for senior leadership
- Partnering with Finance to proactively monitor budgets and resourcing, reporting/tracking spend, and building ad-hoc analysis
- Developing an analytical culture using historical and current operational data to drive predictive analytics for the studios
- Supporting in developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies to achieve the organization’s long-term goals and objectives
- Being an agent of change who drives execution of cross-team projects to optimize organizational performance
- Driving optimization and efficiencies across key studio departments including (but not limited to) Quality Assurance, Player Support, Localization, Production Services, Central Technology, Design, and our development studios
- Supporting key organization-wide meetings and events (e.g., project greenlights, leadership meetings, quarterly reviews) via organization, development of agenda, and overseeing logistics
- Taking on individual projects as required by the business. For example: Developing long-term strategies for various parts of the organization, improving reporting and forecasting to provide transparency into the business for other stakeholders, and analyzing key business decisions and providing the analytical rigor behind recommended actions
- Managing, guiding, and ultimately owning recommendations related to project work commissioned by the Vice President, Studio Operations
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and decision support across projects
- Ensuring processes are implemented across the studios organization May be required to participate as a team member on highly complex projects which are at the utmost highest priority for the organization
- Bachelor Degree; MBA strongly preferred
- Strong passion for games
- Minimum of 3-5 years in management consulting, corporate development, project management, and/or business administration positions
- Proven ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to executive leadership team is a must; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
- Interest in driving companies towards operational excellence
- Strong leadership; experience managing projects across departments, stakeholders, and cross functional teams
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners
- Organizational and time management skills; ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail but ability to think, operate, and communicate at an executive level
- Strategic thinker but also able to operate on a tactical level to manage the day-to- day operations of the department; must be comfortable with all degrees of ownership
- Team player who is not focused on titles and is willing to pitch in and help where necessary
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to operate with reasonable flexibility
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
- Willingness to travel as needed
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.