(Closed) Sr. Director, HR (Marketing and Communications)
Sr. Director, HR (Marketing and Communications)
Job Title: Sr. Director, HR (Marketing and Communications)
Reporting To: SVP Human Resources, Activision Blizzard
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As a Senior Director, Human Resources for Activision Blizzard, you will be a strategic business partner, culture carrier, and trusted advisor for the executive leaders of the global Marketing & Communications functions.
This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative, and influential leader who can work effectively across a highly matrixed environment. The Senior Director, Human Resources will partner closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Communications Officer, and their direct reports to advance people strategies and solutions that are aligned with short and long-term organization and operational goals.
- Partner closely with key executives to advise and coach them on creating, implementing, and driving a high-quality talent agenda and human capital strategy for the organization
- Co-lead the continued development of the global marketing and communications organizations, building strong functional organizations that deliver excellence across business units while attracting, retaining and developing the world’s best functional talent
- Drive change management efforts across assigned organizations, ensuring employee and stakeholder impact are at the forefront of organizational decisions, and that organization changes are planned and thoughtfully implemented with strong process integrity
- Leveraging the resources of the global human resources organization, provide full-scope HR support to leaders including executive coaching, employee relations, compensation, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, and people development
- Drive integrity and accountability for execution of HR employee lifecycle processes throughout assigned organizations, including goal setting, performance management, talent planning and annual merit (compensation)
- Identify levers and develop strategies that measurably improve engagement and retention (e.g. talent assessments, engagement surveys, exit surveys)
- Lead and participate in cross-functional projects as needed to improve HR processes, policies and systems
- Work with leaders and employees to identify, establish, and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Develop the overall HR function, ensuring appropriate representation of assigned functions while creating new HR processes, systems and approaches that progress the company as a whole
- 12+ years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources
- Organization design and development experience, including strong change management, for a complex and transforming business organization
- Strong executive presence and proven experience directly supporting and coaching senior executives, influencing executives to make better people decisions that achieve business results
- HR experience with a focus on commercial, marketing, and/or communications functions; developing organizations that increase revenue
- Thorough knowledge and experience with contemporary HR structure and practices, including HR business partnering, shared services, and centers of expertise (e.g., talent acquisition, talent management and development, compensation, benefits, compliance)
- Talent magnet with a history of acquiring and developing top talent, both within own HR organization and within assigned business groups
- Comfort using facts and data to build people-centric business cases; for example, use of staffing models and other analytical tools
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; high IQ, high EQ, passion, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risk and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive problem solver, roll-up-one’s-sleeves attitude with courage of conviction, a strong work ethic and steadfast integrity
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in human resources, business, or related field preferred
Year 1 Success
- Partner with assigned executives to design, align and implement global organizations that measurably add more value (to both the business and employees) than in their current state
- Develop and help leaders implement best-in-class change management plans that engage impacted employees and improve employee productivity, ensuring a smooth and productive transition
- Lead implementation of employee lifecycle processes within assigned organizations, ensuring successful identification and reward of the highest performing employees
- Analyze and understand engagement and attrition drivers, and work with senior executives to approve and invest in plans that improve engagement and attrition metrics
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. #AB
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.