(Closed) Sr. Director, Corporate & Executive Compensation
Job Title: Sr. Director, Corporate & Executive Compensation
Reporting To: Senior Vice President/Head of Total Rewards
Department: Total Rewards Compensation
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Irvine, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
As a Sr. Director of Corporate & Executive Compensation, you will be a trusted advisor to both HR and our most senior-level business executives. As a critical leader within our Total Rewards team, you will collaborate closely with our executive leadership team, chief people officer and head of total rewards and many stakeholders (including the Compensation Committee) to develop innovative executive compensation strategies to drive company growth, profitability and alignment with shareholders. This includes management of the companys equity compensation program, as well as the management of compensation approaches for our corporate teams. You will also be responsible for job evaluation, competitive assessment, survey administration and program administration of salary, bonus and long-term incentive plans for those groups.
The Sr. Director will also oversee a small team of compensation professionals. Our compensation professionals are required to address our unique business needs and develop creative solutions informed by the knowledge of market practices to create and maintain compelling and competitive compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain top talent. The ideal candidate is a compensation expert who is passionate about providing innovative solutions to support broader business or organizational objectives.
- This role is responsible for ensuring our executive compensation program is competitive, attracts/retains top executive talent and creates the right pay for performance alignment with our financial results and returns to our shareholders. This role will lead the design and implementation of our executive compensation program, including: executive offers, the compensation approach for contract-eligible employees, development of all materials for the Compensation Committee, preparation of required compensation disclosures such as the proxy statement, equity utilization, and other efforts.
- Lead the design and implementation of our equity compensation program, including determoining the right levels, vehicles, mix and approaches to drive accountability to results, growth and retention. Includes providing recommendations and benchmarking around share utilization (e.g., run rate, overall potential dilution, etc.).
- Provide technical guidance, in consultation with finance, on legal, tax and other regulatory compensation issues affecting program designs (e.g., FAS 123R, 409A, 280(g), proxy disclosure, 162(m), etc.)
- Partner with peers to refine and design overall company incentive programs
- Develop processes and oversee the communications, roll-out, and project management of the annual compensation planning process for corporate employees globally (merit increases, bonuses, promotions, cash and equity incentive planning, etc.)
- Lead teams of compensation professionals, HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and other cross-functional groups to drive inter-departmental and cross-functional process improvements
- Oversee participation in compensation surveys and competitive benchmarking, focusing on practices in the gaming, entertainment, consumer products and technology industries
- Monitor external market and economic trends to stay current with market practices and explore creative and competitive ways to fine-tune compensation infrastructure, as applicable
- Partner with Business Leaders, HR, Finance and Legal to prepare materials for quarterly equity governing committee meetings
- Consult HR Business Partners, Talent Professionals, and client groups to address compensation needs or inquiries for both general and executive employees covering topics such as: job evaluation, competitive assessment, employment contracts, program administration, and compensation infrastructure
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in compensation administration and design
- Minimum of four years of experience running executive compensation either in consulting or in a corporate setting, including four years managing a team in a leadership role
- Experience working with a publicly-traded Company with a compensation committee
- Proven ability to conceptualize, lead, and implement global compensation initiatives for a large, matrixed, global organization
- Expert strategist who continuously and proactively identifies opportunities to maintain a competitive compensation and incentive model that can attract and retains talent, while aligning with broader business or organizational objectives
- Top-tier analytical and mathematical skills with advanced understanding of compensation-related accounting, financial statements, and relevant regulatory requirements
- Exceptional project management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Ability to engage and influence a diverse audience up to CEO and Board through credibility, trust, confidence, and accountability
- Dedicated leader with the ability to forge lasting, impactful relationships, as proven by seamless collaboration with clients/partners, or building and maintaining a high-functinoing team
- Service-oriented leader who strives to provide efficient, informative, and supportive guidance and direction to drive engagement from the business or HR partners, even when navigating through ambiguity or balancing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Trusted thought-partner who is equally comfortable working collaboratively, or acting as an owner to roll-up their sleeves and execute projects through to completion
- Talent magnet with a history of acquiring and developing top talent, both within own HR organization and within assigned business groups
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking driven by high IQ and EQ, sound judgement, and strong critical thinking skills with a willingness to take reasonable risk and challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated initiative in a fast-moving environment; proactive problem solver who leads with courage of conviction, passion, strong work ethic and steadfast integrity trusted to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Resilient in the face of change with the ability to pivot, adapt, and perform in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate findings into clear to present complex material to senior leaders
- Advanced Excel (e.g., pivot tables, complex formulas) and PowerPoint proficiency
- Human Capital Management and/or Executive Compensation Consulting experience preferred
- Previous experience at a Technology, Entertainment/Media or Video Game company a plus
- Familiarity with Workday preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Statistics or related discipline
- Masters in HR, MBA, and/or CCP preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for Every World - weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.