Senior Analyst, Mobile Growth
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.
This integral role will help steer user acquisition efforts for one of our strategic upcoming titles. The mobile user acquisition team at Activision commands a multimillion dollar budget and is responsible for growing the company’s userbase across its budding portfolio of mobile games. The group we’re assembling is strategically vital to our mission of bringing our world-class IP onto mobile phones, and we’re looking for rockstars who are equally comfortable with marketing as they are with analytics.
The user acquisition analytics role is building the foundation that will shape analytics and automation for user acquisition across Activision.
- Partner with marketing stakeholders and game analytics team to identify impactful business problems, translate them into structured analysis, and effectively communicate the results
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and statistical models to support marketing decisions related to: marketing spend efficiency, user lifetime value, user engagement & retention, and return on investment
- Build and maintain BI tools to make informed decisions quickly while empowering others cross functionally to have information readily accessible
- Develop toolsets that will automate campaign optimization
- Develop frameworks for forecasting, exploring trends, and spotting anomalies
- Design experiments to test the validity of hypotheses around user acquisition strategy
- Comfort in distilling technical information into business decisions, with a desire to own the business outcome of the analysis you produce
- Interest or experience in digital marketing or performance marketing space
- Team oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Minimum Requirements:
- Proficiency with SQL or other querying languages
- 4+ years work experience analyzing large datasets in an analytics role
- Advanced experience with Tableau, Looker or other similar visualization tools
- Experience with Python and/ or Java
- BS in a technical field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field (Masters Preferred) or equivalent work experience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at our website.