Product Manager, Live Services (Call of Duty)
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.
As a Product Manager, Live Services (Call of Duty) you will focus on post-launch acquisition and campaign management for Call of Duty’s premium and free-to-play live services across console and PC titles; helping grow and nurture our massive player base. The successful candidate must be able to work well cross functionally with product, studio, analytics, production and marketing teams to drive world class campaign. This individual will play an integral role in driving the day-to-day performance of the title. They need to be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while taking on multiple projects and adapting to the changing needs of our games, players and business opportunities as they arise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Manage Day-To-Day Acquisition and Growth Marketing Initiatives for Franchise – supporting the acquisition and growth marketing pods with strategic management, tracking daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal efforts based on LTV and ROI analyses; including shepherding A/B testing and promotional activity that will drive new player growth for the franchise based on a deep understanding of the player landscape and game features, delivering positive KPIs across multiple titles
- World Class Go-To Market Campaign Management – developing strategic seasonal briefings that will inform how we execute global marketing plans for our Seasonal content launches, partnering on go-to market planning and working effectively with cross functional teams to execute the plans and deliver our key business objectives
- Cross-Functional Publishing Management – build strong relationships with our cross functional publishing teams as a key contact for daily product and business needs, with a concerted focus around broadening Call of Duty’s appeal through key partnerships and licensing opportunities. The right candidate will have the potential to work closely on all live service deliverables across multiple disciplines within the franchise
- Competitive Intelligence & Post-Mortems – lead industry intelligence efforts and ensure best practices in driving acquisition, both internally and externally are captured and shared across our publishing teams and leadership to ensure best practices are being implemented in our marketing campaigns
- Performance Management – support senior management by tracking and reporting key performance indicators and providing key recommendations focused on player acquisition and growth for our console & PC titles
- New Business Model Evaluation – as emerging opportunities arise to innovate on how we deliver our games and content to players, you will be responsible for building business cases, partnering with our finance and strategic business insights teams to develop ROI analyses, recommendations and go-forward plans
- Player Champion – embody the “player” view internally, driving a player first viewpoint across the org, especially when developing post-launch campaign strategies
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferably from top companies in gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar; MBA preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in strategic campaign planning and execution, specifically post launch/live services experience in gaming preferred (console, PC, or mobile)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions
- Experience defining in-game engagement programs, providing creative input and executing player communications that drive performance
- Successful track record working closely with development studios to deliver world-class products and experiences to players, knowledge of live services feature design and how it impacts product strategy and player engagement preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams
- Strong passion for gaming and the industry
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with demonstrated performance of managing multiple products/projects at once
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.