(Closed) Manager - Finance & Operations - Consumer Products
Activision Blizzard Consumer Products Group (ABCPG) drives nearly half a billion in consumer retail sales annually and manages a premiere roster of licensees around the world. With IPs such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo and an Esports business, our licensed products drive profitability for the Company, extend brand reach, and deepen fan engagement.
As a Manager of Financial Planning and Operations, you will play an integral role in supporting a growing consumer products business, partnering closely with senior leadership and sales executives to define business plans that drive topline growth.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead strategic initiatives including long range planning, business model evaluation, and category go-to-market planning
- Develop, implement, and champion key strategic initiatives to drive long term growth for CPG team and align with franchise and commercial objectives
- Support international financial management partnering with revenue accounting and regional finance leads to analyze existing business operations and international growth areas
- Drive business development with deal analysis, scenario modeling, standardization and deal term optimization
- Support CPG business leads on special projects, long-term strategy, ad-hoc analysis, and revenue forecasting
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and synthesize consumer products industry/category insights to inform business strategy
- Lead global licensing forecasting and manage the quarterly licensing forecast process by analyzing historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and competitive landscape across other IPs
- Build relationships with various Corporate teams to be positioned as a trusted and knowledge partner to collaborate with as necessary (e.g. Corporate Strategy, Business Activation, FP&A, Product Management, Go To Market, Legal, etc.)
Year One Successes
- Establish processes to effectively communicate KPIs related to operational performance to senior leadership and business leads
- Manage the quarterly close and forecast process
- Support senior leadership and business leads with insightful and actionable recommendations on expanding ABCPG portfolio
- 5-7 years of experience in Finance
- Strong Finance Management background with a focus on conducting financial analysis and leveraging data to influence key decision making
- Strategic thinker who excels at data analysis, conducting and communicating quantitative research, and Excel modeling
- Strong executive presence and proven experience communicating business intelligence to senior executives that ultimately influence and drive key business results
- Highly collaborative team player with a roll-up-ones-sleeves attitude, and innate sense of proactivity
- Experience managing a global footprint, overseeing regional reporting and operating in a matrixed organization
- Promotes cultural competency in day-to-day engagement with international teams
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and project management skills. delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Experience in developing business cases including pro-forma projections
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience within the software/gaming industry, consumer packaged goods, retail, or entertainment preferred
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred, CPA is a plus
Were headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush, and Bubble Witch and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.