Junior Software Engineer
As a Junior Software Engineer (6-month contract) at Activision, you will work within the Experience Optimization Org to build innovative and impactful player optimization and personalization platforms and products that help to build loyalty and drive engagement for Activision’s industry leading games.
The right candidate will be someone who loves working with different web technologies on all stages of the development lifecycle.
Responsibilities can range from:
- Participate in development of new features and defect resolution on existing applications, as well as assist with scoping and designing new product initiatives.
- Support privacy compliance efforts within Consumer Technology such as GDPR requests and adding OneTrust Cookie Management to our websites
- Work within an enterprise email marketing system. Create topology rules and triggered email campaigns.
- Create experimentation, personalization and recommendations using a web testing framework. Analyze and create reports on the data afterwards so we can optimize our websites
- Work with different Tag Manager platforms to execute scripts on our websites.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues when working with different web technologies
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree or student working towards bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or related technical program
- Strong technical, analytical, communication organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot®, and Skylanders®.