IT \ Operations Technician
IT \ Operations Technician
The IT \ Operations Technician is a mission critical support position that directly influences desktop infrastructure and IT asset management Sledgehammer Games. You will work within our small but agile team that will service all our development, C-level, administrative, and operational staff. As a member of the IT team, they will also be responsible for managing and maintaining local computing systems and services utilized by Sledgehammer Games production department. You will not only manage helpdesk tickets, but expected to help us exceed client expectations, map and deliver critical timelines, help set standards, and manage assets. Our teams and game state changes rapidly, so you must have an innate sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and prioritize to be successful.
If you think the above is you, and you are ready to accept this challenge: Please read on and apply!
- Perform installations, adds, moves, and changes for PCs, monitors, printers and related peripherals
- Solid understanding and experience of troubleshooting gaming PCs, i.e. swapping graphics cards, water cooled CPUs, memory etc.
- Responsible for working and tracking some helpdesk cases from beginning through resolution
- Partner with IT management and security team to ensure that all systems adhere to security policies and any compliance requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the inventory of all office computers, hardware, software and supplies
- Tracking of assets for multiple locations
- Support on key IT infrastructure projects
- Create and update SOPs / “how to” documentations for local knowledge base
- Participate in 24/7 IT coverage for the critical business environment and applications as needed
- Support and management of Sony PlayStation PS4 and Microsoft Xbox One development kits
- Shipping & receiving IT and Operations hardware to and from the studio
- Coordinate curb side pick-up for end users and vendors
- Friendly, customer focused and top-level support a must
- Can do attitude
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- General understanding of network protocols (DNS & DHCP)
- Proven documentation skills
- Experienced in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS
- Platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Outlook Web Access and Office 365
- Willingness to learn new technologies, unlearn old technology to support company growth
- Preferred minimum 2 years work experience in Media/Entertainment industry
- People person
- Love video games, board games, card games, mobile games…. did we mention like games!
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we’re the video game development team behind Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, making AAA games has been our greatest passion. The strength of our teams makes us not only excellent at what we do, but at how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be, whether they are artists, engineers, producers, or designers. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We’re a Call of Duty studio that prides itself on innovation and taking risks, which is one of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for all-new talent and game developers for our exciting next project.