(Closed) Influencer Specialist, Call of Duty
As an Influencer Specialist for Call of Duty, you’ll join a close-knit team working together to spread the word about the #1 console video game franchise in the U.S. for nine of the last 10 consecutive years, and one of the biggest entertainment properties in the world! You’ll share your passion and excitement, while working closely with a vast list of streamers and content creators, who share your enthusiasm for games. This position will support pre-release, launch and post-release, live across a number of community networks.
In this role, you will partner across the organization to collaborate with studio developers and marketing communication teams as you build and maintain relationships with community influencers. You’ll play a vital role in helping to lead strategy, creative, production and relationships.
The ideal candidate possesses a love of games, strong project management skills, proven product or game launch history, an active influencer network, a deep knowledge of livestream and community relations, solid attention to detail and time management skills, as well as great spirit of creative collaboration, and a passion for creative, dynamic environments!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and socialize groundbreaking, creative strategies with global impact
- Help lead Call of Duty PR influencer campaigns across streaming networks and content creator platforms
- Coordinate directly with streamers, creators, influencers and business managers or agents to build and execute key influencer high-impact programs
- Provide strategic input to launch, momentum and community relations
- Help craft our narrative message, including talking points, messaging
- Work closely with the PR and cross-functional marketing communications teams to support key pre-release beats, content release opportunities and post-launch calendar dates
- Support tours, live event executions, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games
- Design and implement both large-scale and high-touch tailored influencer programs that help grow and support the creator community
- Strategize product demonstrations, livestreams and other influencer-related opportunities
- Manage real-time reporting across streaming networks, creator platforms, social media and community discussions; including analyzing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities
- Work on deadline and manage toward results
- Actively engage as part of communications team with marketing, production and studio teams
- Support product launch PR logistics, including launch programs and experiential opportunities
- Manage program budgets, invoicing and reporting
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related Public Relations focusing on video games, consumer brands/products or entertainment
- Extensive experience with streaming networks and content platforms, including Twitch, Mixer and YouTube
- A passion for games, including but not limited to FPS genre and always-on titles
- Experience supporting mass, pop-culture products and/or entertainment brands
- An excitement to create innovative and unique concepts
- Personal experience launching AAA video games a plus
- Mobile experience/knowledge is a plus
- In-depth experience with video and livestream platforms, including Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and be on the lookout for emerging platforms
- Excellent verbal and written skills gaming community experience and familiarity desired
- Ability and interest in traveling for events
- Strong social media experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Reader
- Personal experience with tracking platforms, including Tubular and NoScope
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with all departments
- Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
We are highly engaged in what we do and with whom we work. We expect that everyone will deliver results that impact the company from their very first day, and every day after that. Our people learn and grow quickly, and everyone is continually challenged to take their game to the next level. Our annual goals are nothing short of Make History. Are you ready? If so, we welcome you to apply and join our amazing team.