(Closed) HR Coordinator (Temporary)
HR Coordinator (Temporary)
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (temporary)
Reporting To: VP, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day support to the AP HR Business Partners and related team members. This includes responding to HR Generalist and employee questions, resolving issues, HR Systems employee life cycle data entry, meeting/event coordination, providing HR reporting, dashboard generation and basic analytics, and general administrative support to team.
**Please note, this is a temporary role for approx. 12 months
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Assist with HR processes such as: Performance Appraisal and Merit tracking, Talent Planning documentation, and Learning & Development initiatives
- Responsible for creation of new org charts and maintenance of existing org charts, using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint
- Responsible for event logistics coordination, invoice processing, vendor contract coordination, meeting scheduling, note-taking, agenda preparation, and follow up on actions
- Maintain and deliver standard and ad hoc HR Reporting/Analytics to and for the HR team (e.g. over time reporting, HR dashboards, etc.)
- Proactively provide general administrative support as needed to the HRG team including scheduling meetings, travel coordination, processing expenses and calendar management
- Assist with event and meeting set-up and breakdown, including ordering lunch and supplies
- Ensure compliance and integrity of all HR systems data through various audit processes in cooperation with Compensation, HR Ops & HRIS
- Initiate and manage employee onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Partner with HRIS on supporting tools/systems and troubleshooting issues
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years as a coordinator, Administrative Assistant, and/or HRIS/Reporting supporting an extremely fast paced department
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills specifically in Excel (formulas, V-lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Experience working in ERP system, Workday preferred
- Strong understanding and detail orientation towards organizational charts and functional views (Microsoft Visio skills preferred)
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem-solving capability
- Basic project management skills, with a focus on tracking progress and follow up
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, and often challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with clients and team members
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills (with strong sense of urgency and follow up/follow through)
- Strong, clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to actively listen and accurately interpret directions and instructions
- Ability to think and illustrate ‘big picture’ focus as well as make sure the details are followed-through on and executed flawlessly
- Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations; ability to adapt effectively to change
- Responds positively to feedback
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and proactive, solution-focused individual
Activision Blizzard houses multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, and Spyro™.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. #AB
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.