Executive Producer, Mobile
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like and Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for an Executive Producer to join the team that manages the live operations of Call of Duty, Mobile and the entire slate of mobile titles. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for running successful production teams that have produced, launched and operated great mobile games.
As the Executive Producer for Activision Mobile, you will manage the production and operation of multiple projects across leading mobile platforms from both a business and publishing perspective. In partnering with both internal and external studios, you will manage development from concept to release along with post-launch live operations and deliver great games that achieve financial, schedule and franchise goals. You will partner with product leaders to deliver the highest quality within constraints and present solutions and risk mitigation options to keep production moving smoothly in the face of challenges.
You will manage a talented production team, be the development and operations leader and work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from game GMs to Activision executive leadership and development studios, and use your experience on the front lines to improve production and organizational processes, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Own the schedule, execution plan and processes for internal and external mobile game development through all phases (from concept to live ops) to ensure high quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage internal production teams and provide leadership in scheduling, project management, contract management, vendor relationships as well as ongoing production monitoring and status updates.
- Collaborate with product and business leaders to build and maintain project development budgets, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development
- Support product strategies, provide executional direction to internal production teams and external development teams in order to achieve schedule, budget and quality goals.
- Review, define, improve and implement processes, best practices, licensing and technologies for successful Product Development
- Report and provide production transparency for internal stakeholders, including the mobile team leaders and executive team.
- Own issues and risks, identifying them as early as possible and driving mitigation strategies and affective resolutions.
- Consult with internal business teams to conduct due diligence on external development partners to ensure proper knowledge, processes, and tools.
- Own, iterate and improve the internal strategic product evaluation methodology in collaboration with Business Development, Product, and Production teams worldwide to ensure the right products start development with risks identified.
- Work with Business Development, finance and legal teams to make sure the deal terms are the right ones for the project.
- Manage, coach and develop staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base.
- Create a healthy team culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables while recognizing and rewarding strong performance.
- Establish model behavior that supports Activision’s standards of professionalism, integrity, inclusion and ethics
We are looking for a battle-tested leader with the following skills:
- A Leader of People. You will be the head of a skilled production team; be prepared to lead by example, mentor and develop future leaders.
- The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- You are passionate about making video games and leading production initiatives.
- High business/financial acumen with business owner/operator mindset
- You speak the cross-functional languages of product, marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, CRM, etc. Producing the game is only part of the job, you’ll need to collaborate with all kinds of different groups and people.
- Expert-level capability in project scheduling, staffing, budget and resource management, including risk management and mitigation planning with emphasis on on-time, high-quality delivery
- Skilled communicator and negotiator, able to manage tradeoff discussions with business, technical and creative leaders to achieve the best business outcome and convey execution plans to production team, developers and other stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry with success on mobile platforms; experience with shooter games preferred
- 4+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree preferred
- Direct people management experience leading production teams across multiple titles
- Expertise in product development methodologies, resourcing and risk mitigation
- Proven AAA Shooter and mobile game development leadership experience for successful titles
- Expertise working in a distributed development framework
- Experience with outsourced development
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.