Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for an Executive Producer of Live Operations to join the Call of Duty franchise production team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record of producing to lead production of content updates and engagement events during our digital season.
As the Executive Producer of Call of Duty Live Operations, you will manage the production of content updates and engagement events on one or multiple projects across various platforms from both a business and publishing perspective. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage development from concept through release and deliver high quality and engaging digital content that achieves franchise initiatives, as well as attaining financial and schedule goals. This entails day-to-day involvement with the development teams and key publishing stakeholders throughout all phases of development, including pre-production, production, submission, and release. Specific duties include: ensure milestones are delivered on-time and the game meets quality standards; help maintain the creative vision for the game; input to the development budget; track overall development; and work closely with all developers and cross-functional groups to deliver digital content to meets all project and franchise goals. You will guide and advance Call of Duty Operations, as you lead the team to work as one cross-functional unit, for all Studios and Business Partners. This role will continuously iterate on best practices across all the franchise games, adapting with the business.
You will manage a talented production team, be the project leader, and work in with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from Activision executive leadership to development studios, and use your experience on the front lines to improve production and organizational processes, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
Position is based at our Activision Headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and track game development with internal / external studios across all skus of a mainline product(s) during its digital life-cycle.
- Support the creation of each digital season’s schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall plan; continue to provide supervision and support through the full live operations life-cycle
- Collaborate with business partners and studios to provide players with a steady stream of compelling features, content, and events
- Partner with monetization and analytics teams to understand the game’s status and plan updates accordingly
- Maintain the project P&L, optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and provide analysis and reporting to production leadership
- Act as primary point of contact with Game Development Studios, 1st Parties, Marketing, PR, Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Licensors, and external contractors across project initiatives
- Partner with Marketing to execute plans for the product lines, brands, and lines of business
- Partner with Developers to ensure specific game features are tied to overall title positioning and goals
- Be an internal and external advocate for the product and support as needed at trade shows and PR events.
- Manage, coach and develop staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
- Create a culture that promotes collaboration, continuous feedback, support and empowerment. Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; recognize and reward employees for strong performance
- Establish model behavior that supports Activision’s standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Provide creative and executional direction to development studios to improve product quality and drive franchise innovation. Ensure the titles and franchise maintain or exceed creative and technical objectives with each release
We Are Looking For a…
- Proven Executive Producer with either internal development or publishing experience who delivers projects to quality, on time and budget.
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a production role); experience with First Person Shooters or Online FPS preferred with 3+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above.
- The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- A Leader of People. You will organize a skilled team; be prepared to lead, mentor and develop future leaders.
- You are knowledgeable about games and trends in the industry ranging from other competitive FPS titles, Monetization, E-Sports and other ways games are expanding beyond the core mainline experience.
Collaborator & Communicator
- You speak other languages; specifically, the languages of marketing, PR, Sales, QA, Customer Service, Localizations, Tech, Monetization, CRM, etc. Producing the game is only part of the job. You’ll collaborate with a wide variety of groups and people.
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows.
- You will be the main point of contact for one of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world and requires best in class and timely communications across all mediums (emails, phone, meetings, presentations, etc.)
Gamer Who Knows How to Make a Game Great
- You are passionate about making video games.
- Ability to evaluate and judge gameplay in its current state and its trajectory towards close. Can identify what plays and looks good and how to drive improvements toward greatness by leveraging qualitative assessments.
- Experience identifying the strengths and weakness in a game and knowing when to marshal resources to lean into strengths or address weaknesses.
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
- Strong business/financial acumen and understanding of current business models in gaming
- Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
- Able to juggle competing priorities and timelines
- Able to break down impossible tasks and make them possible through ingenuity, creativity, and effort.
The Skills & Experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry (in a production role)
- 3+ years of experience at Sr. Producer level or above
- Experience shipping 3+ high quality titles
- Experience shipping on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and/or PC. Experience with Online FPS preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.