Director of CRM Strategy
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Director of CRM Strategy, you will be responsible for leading the integrated CRM strategy for email, SMS, mobile app messaging and in-game communications for Activision Publishing’s portfolio of titles. You’ll develop and execute consumer acquisition, engagement and retention initiatives, while continuing to evolve our approach to one-to-one engagement at scale.
What you’ll do
- Elevate the role for CRM among our franchise teams by demonstrating the ongoing strategic utility and effectiveness of our CRM capabilities
- In collaboration with other disciplines, such as performance marketing, paid media, and digital, create an omni-channel experience for our players and potential players,
- Develop a detailed content strategy that drives personalization of marketing efforts across CRM channels. Monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis and optimize rules to maximize effectiveness.
- Design and oversee 1:1, personalized player messaging across CRM channels, including email, mobile messaging and in-game communications, that drive opt-in permissions, engagement, and monetization
- Based on player and consumer insights, develop player journey messaging strategies across owned channels
- Pilot and roll-out engagement initiatives for SMS and Messenger
- Build an “always-on” experimentation culture, optimizing audience profiles for more relevant creative, messaging cadence, call-to-action messages, and coordination with other consumer marketing efforts
- Work with marketing and analytics peers to define key objectives, develop marketing strategy, and lead campaign development
- Work closely with game development studios to gain alignment and input on the defined CRM marketing strategy
- Manage and work with third-party vendors to develop content CRM communications and QA content prior to pushing campaigns into production thereby maximizing their utility
- Communicate regularly and effectively with internal stakeholders regarding CRM product development, campaigns and results
- Partner with studio and Activision stakeholders to develop and integrate CRM strategies into marketing programs.
- Support CRM team in the creative development and support of other outbound CRM campaigns as needed.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of CRM/digital marketing experience in CPG, technology, entertainment, gaming or related fields with a focus on data-driven, personalized marketing content.
- Strategic thought-leadership
- A spirit of collaboration with marketing and non-marketing functions alike
- Experienced people manager of cross-functional teams, as well as adept at managing intra-org relationships to set teams up for success
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing at scale: Across multiple brands or across a broad functional scope with millions of customers/subscribers. Product management experience of the front page or checkout path of a major eCommerce site is a plus
- Expert in nurturing relationships, reducing churn, improving engagement, and monetization with 1:1 communications
- Proven experience across channels areas including email, CRM, SMS, social and push messaging
- Proven ability to use segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each players experience
- Proven success developing reengagement and winback strategies
- Experience building and/or running loyalty and/or membership programs
- Analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics. Evaluation of metrics to influence strategic marketing decisions
- Experience using Campaign management tools and ESP providers to execute campaigns.
- Understanding of data privacy and governance policies.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be self-directed and work independently, and demonstrated ability overcoming obstacles to deliver on deadline is a must.
- Interest in measurement and aptitude with numbers is required.
What you've done
- Led CRM or performance marketing team with proven results
- Experience with developing and managing personalization and targeting of content at scale.
- Gaming experience a plus but not required. However, a strong willingness to learn our products (and therefore our customers) is required.
- Localization across global audiences is a plus.
- Experience using JIRA or other ticketing system is a plus.
- Developed strategic plan for CRM offense
Who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have a rigorous hiring process and a rigorous talent planning process. Our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people. As a company, we have world class brands, infrastructure and resources. But we are nothing without the brilliance of our talented employees.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.