Are you a whiz at managing multiple projects, different teams of co-workers and processes? Are you able to obsess over details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you thrive in a high-stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Does the idea of building a consumer products program for some of the most iconic franchises in the video game industry excite you?? Are you the person we're looking for?
In this Director of Licensing role, you will be responsible for devising and implementing Activision Publishing’s strategy and execution plan for its Consumer Products business. This position, which will primilary focus on the Call of Duty franchise, will also include emerging franchises such as Crash Bandicoot, and Activision’s extensive back catalogue of titles. The position may also contribute with our developing esports brands: Overwatch League and Call of Duty League.
The Director will report to, and work closely with, the Vice President of Licensing to develop and execute the merchandise, ecommerce, and online/offline retail strategies across Activision’s portfolio.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Building and directing the execution, tone, and vision for the Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot licensing programs to drive revenue growth.
- Development of incremental licensing and marketing partnerships
- Collaborating closely with our internal creative team to keep assets fresh and on-trend and marketing team to support all retail activations.
More generally, responsibilities include:
- Assessing, managing, and leading all day-to-day aspects of the Activision Licensing business, including licensing, retail partnerships and ecommerce strategies, including working with the Vice President on business planning and strategy, new business development, and tactical marketing initiatives.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships, and influence critical internal stakeholders within the internal game development teams, Consumer Marketing, Product Marketing, Retail, Legal and other cross-functional teams.
- Aligning and coordinating with international colleagues and/or agencies servicing our international business.
- Constantly analyze the rapidly evolving video game landscape, finding new opportunities for consumer products deals and partnership opportunities that will support the growth of Activision’s properties.
- Supporting deal development and prospecting, sourcing, and negotiating/closing new licensing relationships; this includes proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
- Quickly develop expertise in each of the relevant licensed categories and act as the resource for these categories. This includes developing a thorough understanding of the product line, the market, competitors, and all capabilities of the licensee.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day work flow of the Licensing Manager supporting the business.
- 10+ years of licensing experience, across all major soft lines and hardlines categories.
- Proven track record with scaling businesses, including established and nascent brands.
- Exceptional ability to effectively manage third-party partners, particularly in ecommece, apparel, accessories, and hardlines categories.
- Confirmed ability to secure support from and collaborate with key internal partners, such as creative development, marketing, PR, and legal, including team members outside of North America.
- Strong program/project management skills with experience drive planning, schedules, estimates, budgeting, resource plans and status reports.
- Thorough understanding of the product development process.
- Seasoned skills in synchronizing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work and thrive in a globally-oriented environment
- Ability to run multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the video game, sports, corporarte, and/or or entertainment licensing industry
- International business experience
- Work with other, industry-leading gaming/entertainment/ecommerce companies
- Fan of Activisions’s games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.