(Closed) Director, Financial Planning & Operations, Consumer Products
Director, Financial Planning & Operations, Consumer Products
Job Title: Director, Financial Planning & Operations, Consumer Products
Reporting To: Sr. Director, Finance, Consumer Products
Department: Consumer Products
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard Consumer Products Group division seeks a Director of Financial Planning and Operations to help support a fast-growing global consumer products business. ABCPG drives nearly half a billion in Consumer Retail Sales annually and manages a premiere roster of licensees around the world. With IP such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and Esports, our licensed products drive profitability for the company, extend our brand reach and deepen fan engagement. This position will help lead financial planning and analysis for the global CPG business – supporting P&L ownership for all business leads and helping develop new analyses and business insights that drive improved decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support BU Business Leads with business analyses and financial management and oversight
- Support all revenue streams from global IP licensing, Ecomm licensing, B2B, Publishing and other revenue sources
- Support international financial management – partnering with revenue accounting and regional finance leads to analyze existing business operations and international growth areas
- Reengineer the CPG financial model to reflect a changing business model and refine key assumptions (by line-of-business, by franchise & by region)
- Build new (and streamline existing) reporting, creating comprehensive review packages for management, establishing KPIs, analyzing results, and informing forecast decisions
- Manage financial planning and analysis (FP&A) functions including LRP, AOP, forecasts, variance analysis, and preparing executive review materials
- Manage OPEX & SG&A budgets with respective budget owners
- Manage the planning process in Hyperion (Revenue, Opex, etc.) and leverage Oracle Essbase / Smartview to develop efficient reporting of quarterly results
- Establish financial process and system improvement initiatives for the business including policies, procedures, and standard methodologies
- Liaise with various Corporate shared services teams as necessary (e.g. FP&A, Accounting, Legal, tax, etc.)
- Routinely evaluate existing controls, policies and procedures to support regional growth and expansion
- Oversee sourcing needs including purchase order generation, payment processing, & expense tracking
- Manage a team of 1-2 financial analysts to accomplish FP&A objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate written & verbal business intelligence to senior leadership
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Strong quantitative research, data analysis and Excel modeling capabilities
- Experience in developing business cases including pro-forma projections
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.