(Closed) Digital Marketing Manager, Mobile
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager, Mobile
Reporting To: Director, Digital Marketing
Department: Digital Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As the Digital Marketing Manager for Call of Duty: Mobile, you will be the driving force behind the brand strategy, creative development, and execution of content across a multitude of online platforms.
The position requires experience developing and executing a strategic approach to social platforms, as well as familiarity with paid media campaigns and website development. This position is the conduit between Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Media, global offices, agencies, and internal stakeholders. The Digital Marketing Manager will have a thought leadership position inside the organization as it relates to our mobile gaming community and approach to digital engagement.
In addition to knowledge of and passion for Call of Duty, the ideal candidate will be an expert in digital marketing, knowledgeable about the mobile gaming space, and a proactive self-starter who is constantly looking to push the envelope with innovative and fresh ideas.
- Lead social media strategy development and execution for Call of Duty: Mobile across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Reddit, and YouTube
- Collaborate with web designers and developers to update the Call of Duty: Mobile website
- Drive weekly social media reporting, insights and delivery through the use of analytics and CMS tools including Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular
- Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach to reach KPIs across platforms and campaigns
- Oversee the global Call of Duty: Mobile social editorial calendar using Opal, aligning key stakeholders
- Collaborate with digital teams internationally, assuring they are on board with global plans and are executing local campaigns on strategy and at the appropriate times
- Work effectively with internal cross-functional teams including Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Media, Events, and Partnerships to drive 360 campaigns
- Work with external brand partners, developing and executing co-branded campaigns
- 7+ years experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer, including experience strategizing, producing, and executing complex campaigns
- Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
- Proficiency in leading or working alongside Paid Media or User Acquisition campaigns
- Production experience working on video shoots for social content, as well as long-form video for digital
- Familiarity with the mobile gaming space, and overall enthusiasm for gaming
- Experience working with 3rd Party agencies/partners
- Appetite for all things digital and social -- up to date on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs
- Working knowledge of social platforms and tools such as – Opal, Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular, as well as each platform’s native analytics tools, etc.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
(HITMARKER NOTE: You'd be doing us a real solid if you let Activision know you found their job on our site!)