Strategy and Business Development Manager – SEA/India
As Strategy and Business Development Manager you will develop and execute against new business strategies and growth opportunities across India. This position requires a dedicated people-person with excellent business acumen and the ability to build mutually beneficial relationships in Southeast Asia and India. The role requires a strong understanding of the gaming, media, entertainment or technology space with excellent communications and negotiation skills alongside meticulous attention to detail. You are passionate about gaming and the Asia Pacific region and have a proven track record in identifying and growing new businesses.
- Identify and assess new business opportunities to develop the business within the Southeast Asia and India markets that meet the strategic needs of Activision Blizzard.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analysis, and develop recommendations on business development opportunities, building the proper business cases for each initiative.
- Compile regular in-depth market analysis / intelligence / brand health and business review reports / metrics for executive team review.
- Propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options and risks; resolving internal priorities.
- Support Head of Strategy and Business Development to provide executive business support in APAC high-level meetings such as territory MD and HQ meetings, including agenda and itinerary design , data collection, presentation consolidation, preview input, and post-meetings follow up.
- Assist in communicating, collaborating, and coordinating with publishing and operations in the region, headquarters and external partners to ensure that issues are given visibility, rectified as a matter of urgency and provide necessary support.
- Develop and maintain ongoing business relationships on behalf of Activision Blizzard with partners in Southeast Asia and India such as digital platforms, telcos and brand companies.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or other related areas
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in middle to senior level professional role in multi-national companies to support business management, planning or operations with direct responsibility for Southeast Asia and/or India.
- Solid business acumen in gaming or internet industry and problem-solving skills, particularly in free-to-play or mobile gaming.
- Solid knowledge and passion for Asia with the ability to work and adapt across multiple cultures
- Experienced negotiator, adept at negotiating sound commercial agreements and possesses a solid understanding of contracts
- Solid experience in the use of consumer insight (business intelligence, market research) and applying it to developing strategies and innovating plans
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment internally cross functional and cross company
- Excellent English proficiency both verbal and written with Asia language capability would be a plus
- Exceedingly well-organized, detail-oriented, responsible, reliable and committed
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.