Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Senior ML Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Level Up - Your Role With Activision Blizzard Media
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
- Partner with senior engineers, architects and product owners to build scalable data pipeline and services.
- Work with the product team to understand the business requirements and translate them into the development/design tasks.
- Be a role model in engineering best practices and design/coding standard.
- Choose the right technology stack to align with the use cases and scalability.
- Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
- Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers.
Game Changer - What You Bring To The Role
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of hands- on experience in software design and development.
- Advance level expertise in Java Development.
- 2+ years of experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres etc.
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of large- scale distributed data processing.
- Experience with developing extract- transform- load (ETL).
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed computing framework like Apache Spark and Flink.
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and some experience in working with machine Learning libraries.
- Experience in building data warehouse and data lake.
- Knowledge of advertising platform.
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Activision develops, distributes, and publishes deeply immersive interactive entertainment for gaming consoles, mobile and tablet platforms, and PCs, including blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty® and Skylanders®.
Blizzard Entertainment develops, distributes and publishes some of the most iconic entertainment experiences in gaming, such as World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Diablo®, Hearthstone®, and Heroes of the Storm™, for PCs, mobile and tablet platforms, and consoles.
King Digital Entertainment creates leading interactive entertainment for the mobile world. With more than 200 fun titles, King's franchises include Candy Crush ®, Farm Heroes®, Pet Rescue®, and Bubble Witch®.
Ready to Play? Apply now!
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.