Sr. Director, Securities & Corporate Governance
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with federal securities laws and Nasdaq listing requirements
- Review annual and quarterly SEC filings prepared by Company’s external reporting team
- Draft/review other SEC filings (proxy statements, Forms 8-K, Section 16 filings, registration statements, conflict minerals report)
- Supervise annual shareholder meetings and facilitating the relationship between the organization and its shareholders
- Review earnings releases and other investor materials prepared by Company’s investor relations team
- Prepare materials for, and minutes of, Board and Board committee meetings
- Oversee scheduling Board and Board committee meetings and assembling and disseminating Board and Board committee materials
- Support general corporate governance (e.g., advising with respect to Delaware corporate law, charter and bylaw provisions, independence and related party transactions matters, and Board committee charters)
- Support transactional matters (e.g., acquisitions)
- Support the office of the Corporate Secretary
- Support Company’s financial reporting, treasury, investor relations, stock administration and executive compensation teams
- Oversee paralegal in his/her management of compliance with corporate law requirements for Company and its domestic subsidiaries
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Admission to California State Bar or willingness and qualifications to be “Registered In-House Counsel”
- Twelve to 15 years as a practicing lawyer at a reputable law firm and/or in-house department and excellent academic credentials
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Securities Act, Exchange Act and Nasdaq listing requirements
- Experience with the Delaware General Corporation Law
- Experience with corporate governance, entity formation, and equity issuances under stock incentive plans
- Experience with M&A and/or corporate finance transactions
- Familiarity with executive compensation matters encompassed in proxy statement disclosure
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex legal and concepts concisely and effectively to non-lawyers
- Highly organized, with appropriate time-management skills to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively, often under tight deadlines
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.