Senior Legal Counsel
Activision Blizzard is seeking an experienced, motivated, and dynamic legal professional to join the AB in-house legal team and support our growing business in Mainland China. This position is based in Shanghai, and reports to the Senior Director, Regional Legal Affairs (Greater China & South Asia).
The ideal candidate is globally minded with substantial in-house and/or law firm experience working for MNCs and interfacing with overseas counterparts. The successful candidate will be responsible for closely partnering with the business and offering counsel for internal stakeholders on aspects such as commercial transactions, consumer protection, intellectual property, competition and e-commerce law, compliance and employment; whilst also drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements.
Work with other China legal team members to provide support on the following:
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements including, content license agreements, distribution agreements, merchandise licensing agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Assess legal risk and advise on regulatory, compliance and anti-trust matters.
- Provide a wide range of legal advice on competition, e-commerce, consumer protection, youth protection laws, including the drafting of EULAs, TOS, etc.
- Review marketing materials.
- Handle corporate matters for entities within the region.
- Work closely with and provide legal guidance to the business teams supporting them in developing their business strategies.
- Handle issues in employment law and privacy.
- Remain up to date on emerging legal trends and changes within the region.
- Cooperate closely with legal team members in other offices, as well as regular interactions with global business staff.
- Provide occasional support to regions outside of Mainland China.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- 8+ years professional legal experience gained at an international law firm, top Chinese law firm and/or a corporate legal department within a multinational corporation in China, servicing local and international clients.
- Law degree from a recognized law university or equivalent legal education. Preferably a PRC law degree with an LLM or JD from an overseas law school.
- Qualification to practice law in China and/or US.
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in dealing with competition and e-commerce matters.
- Experience in drafting a variety of commercial agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property contracts and licenses.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking; exercising excellent business judgment.
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Significant educational and/or work experience in the US is a plus.
- Experience and comfort with working in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Experience with anti-bribery anti-corruption law compliance
- Experience with employment law matters
- Experience or strong interest in new media and technology, and a passion for videogames, is preferred.