Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within the KingdomIf you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you.
You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward.
We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
- Owns feature development end- to- end including translating requirements to design, development, deployment to the production and alert & monitoring
- Strong understanding of team system architecture and design. Awareness of adjacent team’s systems
Skills to create thrills:
- 5+ years of front and back end work experience
- Experience with Cloud platform and technologies
- Experience with CI/CD build tools like Jenkins, Gradle and other similar
- Experienced in writing backend services using Java & SQL.
- Experience in designing overall architecture of frontend and backend solutions so that they work cohesively together.
- Focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term.
- Structured and analytical.
- A comfortable people person, able to make non- technical users feel at ease
- Able to see a user experience from the user's point of view.
- Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- A curious and fast learner who keeps up to date with changing technologies
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities.
- Used to test- first development, UNIX environments, Git.* Have experience working with React and/or Angular.
- Knowledge of ES7+, TypeScript, Java 8+
- Has worked with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, CSS modules)
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.