Recruiter, Early Careers
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out on our website or on Twitter.
Activision, Blizzard and King’s Early Career program was established to develop meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships with schools and universities, which allows us to identify and foster talent to meet our ever-growing hiring needs. The Recruiter, Early Careers is responsible for facilitating a variety of programs to promote and enhance Activision Blizzard’s campus visibility with university MBA departments, career centers, and student organizations, as well as recruiting top MBA talent into the company for our Internship and Rotation Programs.
- Spearhead the full cycle recruitment process for MBA Summer Internship and Rotation Program participants.
- Serve as main information resource for potential candidates throughout the interviewing process -- communicate status, answer questions, schedule start dates, and coordinate all follow-up efforts.
- Maintain campus plans for each of Activision Blizzard’s identified schools and maintain a list of other important institutions in the geographic area with goals, contacts, and high-level plans for each one.
- Develop key campus-recruiting strategies and implement programs to increase company awareness at selected schools.
- Lean into the programs team over the summer and partner with the MBA Program Manager to execute a top notch summer internship
- Plan, organize, and execute various major campus recruiting events including presentations, receptions, club events, and interviews.
- Partner with the DE&I team on MBA diversity initiatives and events.
- Utilize data to improve upon processes.
- Support undergrad internship recruiting if needed
- Manage the candidate workflow and communication in Workday Recruit for MBA candidates.
- Act as ambassador of our team’s vision and goals.
- 2+ years of previous experience in a Company University Relations team or MBA School Employer Relation department
- Experience establishing and organizing relationship programs with universities or other institutions of higher learning
- An understanding of university processes and familiarity with university administration, including constraints on faculty and students
- A strong teamwork ethic; this position will involve substantial coordination and collaboration with many different departments and stakeholders
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees from entry level to C-Suite
- Attention to detail and utilizes data to drive decisions around processes
- Strong customer service skills and experience coordinating events from 30 to 500 attendees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- When we are back in the office and feel comfortable allowing employees to travel again, this person will need to travel 20% of the year with most travel being spread out from September to January
- MBA Internship recruiting experience
- Experience in the video game or entertainment industry
- Experience using applicant tracking systems
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans. Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.