Program Manager, Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
As the Program Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you'll work closely with global DE&I Team members and the Early Careers team to design and implement programs that establish and strengthen university and partner programs. This includes building HBCU (Historically Black Colleges & Universities), veteran, and female student and alumni recruiting strategies, and plans that drive tangible improvements across university, experienced and executive recruitment teams. The ideal candidate will be able to drive strategy, design global diversity, equity and inclusion solutions in partnership with a broad audience of stakeholders.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Inclusive Hiring Processes
- Assist with analyzing recruiting processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Use data analysis to identify opportunities for improvements and to make recommendations for future investments and strategies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition teams to ensure that talent attraction strategies are inclusive and that we have specific strategies for attracting veterans, underrepresented minorities and female talent.
- URM University Relationship Program
- Establish a strategic list of targeted universities and gain Exec alignment
- Define DE&I University programs and intended outcomes
- Ensure that our talent pipelines have appropriate representation and engagement strategies for both active and passive candidates from HBCUs and other underrepresented backgrounds.
- Design and launch programs
- Build deep and lasting relationships with targeted universities
- DE&I Strategic Partnership Program
- Establish a strategic list of targeted strategic partners and gain Exec alignment
- Define DE&I Strategic Partner programs and intended outcomes
- Design and launch programs
- Build deep and lasting relationships with targeted strategic diverse partnerships
- Executive Updates and Program Reports
- Design status reports and publishing calendar
- Regularly publish reports
- Create and annual report summarizing impact and progress
- 5+ years of professional experience in diversity, equity & inclusion and/or talent related program design and management (or some combination) with evidence of incorporating diversity recruiting strategies and hiring the best talent.
- Knowledge of and experience building and growing partnerships with HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges & Universities) and other underrepresented organizations.
- A bias toward action and creative problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and high commitment to accuracy
- Strong project/program management, with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex and global programs, including project design and implementation, stakeholder management, communications planning and budget management
- Ability to influence and build sustainable relationships with people at all levels of the organization to assist in the development and maintenance of the organization’s global DEI strategy
- Strong diagnostic and data analysis skills
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to tailor communication style and content to each audience (one-on-one conversations, team sessions and large groups)
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables
- Strong presentation skills including building meaningful materials, presenting effectively to leadership
- Clearly exhibited sense of curiosity
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and sequence work to maximize impact
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.