(Closed) Principal Backend Engineer
Activision Blizzard Media is a rapidly growing business built to connect brands with our 350M + global player base across Activision, Blizzard and King.
We create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class casual mobile games like King's Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like eSports. This is an exciting time to join this growing business.
We are hiring a Principal Back End Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Partner with Architects, Product Managers and other engineers to build one of the world’s largest mobile game advertising platforms
- Evaluate and choose the right technology stack and build the supply side platform to handle hundreds of thousands of advertising requests per second
- Migrate the existing platform to Google Cloud
- Own the overall goals of uptime, reliability and scalability of the supply side platform
- Genuine interest in mentoring junior engineers
Skills to create thrills
- 7+ years of experience leading the development of highly performing, highly available and highly reliable production services in Java
- Expert knowledge in Java, JMeter and performance engineering
- Experience with NoSQL systems e.g. BigTable, DynamoDB, HBase
- Experience with distributed SQL database e.g. Google Spanner, AWS Aurora
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment with Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge and experience in CI/CD, test automation, Jenkins, Gradle and related technologies
- Experience with streaming technologies e.g. Kafka, Kinesis or Flink
- Experience with open source technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Google BigQuery